If you want your great idea to become a company and need to get investment, you need to be prepared to successfully convince investors that you really know how you will spend their money in such a way that they get a positive return on their investment. In this interview with McAdory Lipscomb from CEOCoach.net you'll get a great explanation of the recipe for a successful Investor meeting.
McAdory Lipscomb has worked in TV (Showtime), Consulting (Accenture), Venture Capital and a bunch of other gigs in between. He's now a CEO Coach for Start-ups at CEOCoach.Net.
Here are Mac's 14 Critical Charts for your Investor Meeting Success.
1. Company Title Page with the $Dollar Amount of the Round
2. Overview/Roadmap of presentation - what will be said
3. Financial Overview - top line revenues and expenses, 3 years out
4. Product - what is the business in simple terms
5. Market - what is the environment, and how big are the segments
6. Customers (Strategy)-- how many, distribution process, attracted, retained
7. Revenue Streams- who pays, how much and from where, annualized
8. Competition - who and how threatening, what are differentiation factors
9. Barriers to Competitive Entry - how will other competitors be kept at bay
10. Potential for Business/Use of Proceeds - where will money take you
11. Goals and Performance Objectives - what are the success metrics
12. Management Team/Strategic Relationships -- talent &experience
13. Valuation - how do you come to the number & current investors
14. Review - summary of what you said, same order, narrowed to 6 points
...but you'll get a lot more out of the content if you listen to the video.
If you'd like to work with McAdory Lipscomb, send him an e-mail.
I may be far away from holding my own investor meetings, but I know that if I work hard enough, the day will finally come. When it does, I will remember your great tips about investor meetings.ReplyDelete
Follow these rules so yo may have a successful investor meeting. Thanks a lot for sharing your insights.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
Persuading investors during meetings is indeed a difficult task knowing that the economy is still unstable. Yet, your tips may help a lot.ReplyDelete
Options Trading Strategies
These guidelines can indeed assure successful meeting with an investor. Thanks for sharing your expertise.ReplyDelete
Options Trading Tips